Cool Shop Club
Ok...so it's easy to make sweeping generalisations that don't really apply to anyone...but here at CSC we think one of the best things about skateboarding is being part of a scene. Yeah it's awesome to be able to go and skate on your own, but it's nice to know there are people like you out there too...and your first contact with that scene is probably going to be through your local independent skate shop.
We're not knocking the big brands, we're not knocking the distributors, and if we're really honest we're not even really knocking chain-store skate-shops (they're just an easy target). What we really wanted to do was to celebrate the existence of so many rad scenes and shops in the UK...and that's where the idea for cool shop club came from.
About Cool Shop Club
The original idea was formed in the pub after a mid-week session at Spit and Sawdust. It basically panned out like this:
- Imagine how rad it would be to have a wall of shirts from UK skate shops!
- We should try and do a tee swap!
- Why didn't you get peanuts?
We got some tees made, sent them out...and BOOM blown away by what came back PROVING our belief that independent shops are the best thing out there.
We've laid down some ground rules for ourselves now...and these are:
- We don't sell other shop's shit online - in-store only.
- We will link up everyone who gets involved right here on this website so if you want one of the shirts you can buy one from them.
- We reserve the right to pick and choose who we include.
Guess that's it. If your shop does good stuff for the local scene, you own it, you skate, and you're cool...hit us up!
Cool Shops in the Club