Ask A Skate Shop - High Rollers
In the run-up to Skate Shop Day, we thought we'd reach out to some our favourite shops across the UK to ask them some not-so-serious questions about the highs and lows of running a skate shop.
This time we crossed the Irish Sea to chat to the legends from High Rollers over in Dublin. These boys have been holding it down since 2013 and have put out there fair share of bangers in this time - including their 'All Hallows Eve' edit from last year featuring our very own, Dylan Hughes - as well as putting on loads of sick events to help promote the local scene, so it's no surprise that they treated us to some top quality answers. Cheers boys!
- One product you thought you’d never get rid of?
- Plastic Grizzly Griptape Blades, still here after 8 years.
- Biggest ‘I will never financially recover from this’ moment?
- Buying pizza and beer for everyone at a premiere and not even getting a slice.
- Most played video in the shop?
- Bobby DeKeyzer footage.
- Cheekiest request from a customer?
- Customer: "Can you do something cool on my grip"?
- Employee: What would you like? (said painfully)
- Customer: I don't know man, what do you think?
- Shop soundtrack?
- Bronze 56k Radio.
- If you could bring back one brand from the grave what would it be?
- HUF Footwear.
- Best thing about owning a shop?
- Being the boss.
- Worst thing about owning a shop?
- Being the boss.
- The shop wouldn’t still be here if it wasn’t for…
- Rollerskaters buying 2 packs of Reds.
- Best thing to come out of working in a shop?
That's enough chit-chat though. Head to the shop to buy the latest skateboard decks, clothing, shoes and more from CSC. Or, check out the rest of our Ask A Skate Shop series on the CSC Blog. Safe.